Home of m3w
a mp3 streamer for the www
m3w is a streamer to stream live audio data to the world-wide-web.
It uses LAME to convert data to mp3 format and can login to an
icecast server to realize an internet radio station. m3w runs under
windows95 or later. m3w is free software.
A setup file for the latest version of m3w can be downloaded from the
- The Help file for m3w has now moved to html format and is available online. It is considered the primary documentation for m3w.
The help file is included as a windows compatible compiled help file in the setup program - so you can reed it online or locally on your computer. It contains a complete description of all you need to know, to run m3w successfully.
- Thanks to Adam Hyde, there is a great online manual available
for m3w under
- A List of Changes is maintained in the
More screen shots can be found on the
- input directly from soundcard.
- input from files.
- can write ID3 version 1.1 tags.
- high quality, fast realtime mp3 encoding with LAME.
- output to file.
- output to icecast servers using x-audio login.
- runs under win95 or later.
- small size.
- extensive online help.
- very simple to install and set up.
- flexible configuration.
- features (automatic gain control, volume compression, auto reconnect) to support unattended operation.
- current configuration can be saved for later use
- fully automatic startup for one double-click operation by the occasional user.
M3w got a companion program: wimp3, an mp3 player based on a
newly developed mp3 decoder mp32pcm. The later piece of software
is described in great detail in my new book
Understanding MP3 - Syntax, Semantics, Mathematics, and Algorithms
with its own homepage.
mp3-tech (technical information)
User Manual in Japanese
(looks cool, but I can't read it)
HOWTO use m3w with the Darwin Streaming Server
Maintained by Martin Ruckert
Prof. Dr. Martin Ruckert |
Fakultät für Informatik und Mathematik